Photo Credit: Loren Clark, Foothill Farmers Market Association |
AUBURN, Calif., May 16, 2013 – Foothill Farmers’ Markets will be bursting with flavor starting May 23rd through the summer and into the fall. This time of year, the region offers 11 seasonal, certified farmers’ markets including the two year-round farmers’ markets—in Old Town Auburn and at the Fountains in Roseville.
“There is nothing like biting into a berry or enjoying a summer salad with heirloom tomatoes from the farmers’ market,” says Carol Arnold, executive director of the Foothill Farmers’ Market Association and PlacerGROWN. “The flavors of the fruits, vegetables, eggs and meats at our markets are incredible because they are grown and raised by local farmers and sourced directly at the height of ripeness.”
Foothill Farmers’ Markets are open almost every day of the week during this peak season. The Foothill Farmers’ Market 2013 schedule is as follows:
- Auburn: Old Town Courthouse Parking Lot, Auburn-Folsom Road at Lincoln Way, OPEN YEAR ROUND, 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- Rocklin: Blue Oaks, RC Willey at Blue Oaks Center, 6636 Lonetree Boulevard, June 1st - Dec. 14th, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Granite Bay: Quarry Ponds Town Center, 5550 Douglas Boulevard, June 2nd - Sept. 29th, 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Roseville: Whole Foods Market at the Fountains, Galleria Boulevard & East Roseville Parkway, OPEN YEAR ROUND, 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Truckee: Truckee River Regional Park, 10500 Brockway Road off Highway 267, June 11th - Oct. 8th, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Kings Beach: Kings Beach SRA, Highway 28 at Bear Street, June 25th - Aug. 27th, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Auburn: DeWitt Center, Bell Road & First Street, June 5th - Oct. 30th, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Foresthill: Main Street, June 5th - Aug. 28th, 4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Folsom: Whole Foods Market at the Palladio, East Bidwell Street & Iron Point Road, May 23rd - Aug. 29th, 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tahoe City: Commons Beach, Commons Beach Road & North Lake Boulevard, May 23rd - June 20th, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and , Aug. 29th - Sept. 26th, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tahoe City: Tahoe Lake Elementary School, 375 Grove Street, June 27th – Aug. 22nd, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Truckee: Donner Pass near the train station, June 13th - Aug. 22nd, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
ABOUT FOOTHILL FARMERS MARKET ASSOCIATION:
For 24 years the Foothill Farmers' Market Association has been hosting farmers' markets in Placer, Nevada, and Sacramento counties. The Foothill Farmers' Markets are certified purveyors of local farm-fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, nuts, honey, eggs and nursery items. For more information on the Foothill Farmers' Market Association, visit www.foothillfarmersmarket.com.
Supported by Placer County, PlacerGROWN is the information source dedicated to educating residents about the freshest agricultural products the region has to offer. Through its website, social media channels and other outreach programs, PlacerGROWN connects community members with the farms, orchards, ranches, wineries, nurseries, farmers’ markets and specialty food stores in one of the most diverse growing areas in Northern California. To discover the bounty of agricultural products produced by farmers who call Placer County home, or for more information about PlacerGROWN, visit www.placergrown.org.
Foothill Farmers Market website
Foothill Farmers Market on Facebook
PlacerGROWN on Facebook
PlacerGROWN on Twitter
PlacerGROWN on Pinterest