The state Department of Industrial Relations said these Sacramento-area restaurants were cited last week for not providing proof of workers' compensation coverage. A spokesman said labor inspectors temporarily closed the restaurants, although some restaurant owners disputed that. The restaurants are in Sacramento unless otherwise noted.
• La Favorita Taqueria (Franklin Boulevard)
• La Fiesta Taqueria (Greenback Lane, Citrus Heights)
• Eastern Buffet (Howe Avenue)
• Queen Sheba Restaurant (Howe Avenue)
• Hoppy Brewing Company (Folsom Boulevard)
• Sweet Fingers Jamaican Restaurant (Broadway)
• Taqueria Havinda (Fruitridge Road)
• Lil Joe's (Del Paso Boulevard)
• Black Cat Café (56th Street)
• Peking Restaurant (Folsom Boulevard)
• Superb Burger & Pizza (Power Inn Road)
• Toshi's Rice Bowl & Fast Sushi (Folsom Boulevard)
• L'Orchid Restaurant (Arden Way)
Source: Department of Industrial Relations
Glad Esther and I didn't eat at Sweet Fingers a couple weeks ago....