Monday, January 09, 2006

I love this woman. I feel we are connected. She gave me my left-handedness. She gave me a bit of sharp wit (she had loads, but some brushed off on me I know :), she gave me skillz in the kitchen, that's for damn sure. She gave me my large-ish busom (which since I have lost 6 dress sizes is on the small side currently). She gave me my sass and my strength. I wear her wedding set most of the time (from 1941) and before I lost my hair, I watched her lose hers. Twice. And I remember shopping for her wigs, and for a breast prostheses following her mastectomy. (she originally had breast cancer before the bone cancer diagnosis). OMG. Tomorrow is her birthday. It makes sense now. She was born on January 10th, 1925. I completely forgot, and no, I am not making this up. Now I am kind of laughing. I want to call my mom and tell her, but its 1:30 on the east coast... Grandma, I love you. I will never forget you. You don't have to kick my ass like this, though. I know who I got my good stuff from.

No comments: