Friday, June 02, 2006

I had a real lunch today. Well, sort of. I went to Gina's Caffé inside the Thistle Dew. I had half of half of a sandwich and a side salad, and half a salmon cake. It was really delicious. It was basically an Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Being a panini, it was made with foccacia bread. On it were three cheeses (provolone, mozzarella, and feta) and fresh spinach and tomato. I probably would have put some grilled onions on there as well. :) I have really been into cheese lately (unfortunately for my diet [but I have always kept track of what I am eating and the portion size]!) OH THE HUMANITY. I really wanted minestrone so that I could log it easier, but she didn't have any made (but, bonus that she makes it fresh). :(


The sandwich was grilled to perfection. I really like crisp, golden brown edges with a soft middle on my bread, and I would have taken it off the grill press or pan no sooner! I think with a grilled cheese sandwich, timing is everything. I really wanted to keep eating. It takes a lot for me to eat an actual sandwich, but since I am going to review this place for the magazine, I needed to try a few things. So, for all you downtown lunchers, I am recommending this place.


Now I am sitting here thinking of how I need to be burning off my lunch. I am thinking about how I still have eight pounds to lose. I am thinking about how I still can't fit into most of my clothes from last summer comfortably. I look fine to most, but I am not happy with the way I look (though I have made some progress--five pounds so far) and feel continually conflicted about eating. Mostly because I like to have wine on the weekends. And I need most of my calories for the day available to have my two or three glasses of wine. I can only have 1200 calories a day, but preferably 1000 right now. One day of eating normally is OK for me, but I have to eat real dinner tomorrow, too. ARG! I just want to have a life. I want to have fun. I don't like thinking about this all the time. But I don't like how I look without a wig and without clothes when I am Miss Piggy. Anyway.....blah blah blah.


The best thing about today so far is that I have made both a new business acquaintance and possibly new friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great pleasure meeting you and I am sure we are going to have a wonderful working relationship. Next time, I promise I will have Minestrone!!!!!!! Again, Thanks! Gina Martini
Gina's Caffe`