Sunday, October 15, 2006


Oh Amelie...

Finally I opened the Amelie that Spankas Hills, doh! I mean Mankas Hills sent me.
They also sent a card with their tasting notes on it, which, I did NOT read until after I tasted it, because I wanted to gather my own opinion before I was influenced by someone else's notes. :)

First of all, thank God I took notes while I was at the restaurant...haha, just kidding. I DID take notes, but I DO still remember what the wine was like... Because I did NOT have a tequila after dinner at Monkey Bar...anyway...
This wine is a 2004 Cab-Merlot. I drank it this evening with my meal at a very nice restaurant (that serves Northern Italian cuisine). I will note that one should have (in my opinion) pretty heavy food to pair with this wine. This is not a sushi wine, or even a seafood wine really. It's more of a rabbit, steak, veal wine. I had sea bass with it, and my friend...let's call her, Ms. M, she had rabbit. Oh man. It paired so much better with the vino. About the wine: It had a lot of berry on the nose--noteably blueberry, blackberry, and some plum. The more swirl, the more vibrant the bouquet. There were also notes of vanilla, pepper, and whip out the saddle, Mr. Ed... we've got some leather in the house.... Upon tasting brought forth black cherry and plum.... tart, not too acidic, not too much heat. A good wine overall. Not my favorite, but, I like zinfandel best, what can I say?? :) Anyway, thanks to the kind folks at Mankas Hills for providing my beverage for the evening...



Thanks Mankas Hills!
Love, cakegrrlxoxo

No comments: