"5 Ick Foods
After reading the posts on the attitudes of picky eaters at Cooking with Amy, and Tigers & Strawberries, I got to thinking. I myself am not a picky eater and don't have a picky eater attitude, though my mom is sure to have a story or two that might state otherwise from way back when. Now it's more like "Ox tail? Pile 'em on!" "Fried scorpions? SURE!" "It might kill me? Life's about risk, right?" It's all about experience."
Here then VG, are my 6 Ick Foods
1. Mussels - Too metallic for me. That's the best word I can use to describe why I don't like. Besides their nasty little beards.
2. Chicken Nuggets from McDonalds - Um...have you ever cut one open and looked at it?
3. Fried Chicken - OK, I will eat SOME kinds of fried chicken (rarely) but the skin is just nasty, people. I can hear ya'll getting fatter.
4. BBQ Ribs - An ex-boyfriend used to eat these and get sauce all in his beard (while at a restaurant) and act like BBQ sauce was not free flowing from his chin. Gross. I am not opposed to beards or facial hair, but could ya pack some pre-m*istened lemon scented towelettes on your person next time? Thanks.
5. OVERCOOKED vegetables. Any vegetable (especially greens) that have spent too much time in boiling water or slathered in butter or lard.
6. Doritos, Cheetos, Ruffles, or most foods made by Frito Lay. I do however, really like Fritos. Weird. I think its the whole fake powdered cheese getting on my fingers that grosses me out.
Now I will add to this and post my favorite "ICK" foods. Things I love that a lot of people don't like/won't eat/don't eat.
1. Canned Pumpkin
2. Raw Broccoli
3. Spaghetti Squash
4. Raw Eggplant
5. Raw Parsnips
I am not sure if I have trained myself to like this stuff or not, but most of the items are on my grocery list every week. Speaking of that, I really need to go the grocery tonight to shop for a weekend potluck/costume party--I am going to need one night to cook for it. I picked up my costume today at lunchtime while Evangeline's was fairly empty. I was not going to even attempt to go there after work. Too crowded!