Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jazzalicious!

Seen in Old Sac on Friday night!!


Guy in funny prison shirt...



I had a blast with my BFF in Sac (K) and pal A. also came along for the fun. We enjoyed the zydeco, the drinks, the beads, the banjos, the garlic fries, and all the other wonderful sights and sounds. The best performer that we saw was singer Jan Sutherland, from Los Angeles, (but originally from Northern England). She sang in the style of Rosemary Clooney and basically rocked the house. She's been doing the jazzfest with her band Primetime for years now. I would really like her to be our August cover gal for Senior Magazine, but we'll see.




Awesome vocals!




Waffles!



Sandwich and garlic fries...



Beads...



I was discouraged from going to the Jazz Jubilee, but I am so glad I did. I have figured out that maybe I should have been born in the twenties or thirties because there is so much of which I am fond that comes from the era up to the fifties...clothes, music, movies, etc.



After the festivities, we headed over to Brew it Up for some late and light dinner. I only mention this because there is an appetizer on their menu that I want to recommend! It was the Fried Brussels Sprouts. They are breaded, seasoned & deep fried, but the greens are not limp or overcooked. The vegetable's preparation was almost as if it had been blanched. I was highly impressed with the flavor and the bite. Sometimes late night food can leave something to be desired, but I had a very hard time limiting my portion on this dish. Also, the servers and the staff were so friendly to us even though the kitchen was only to be open for another half hour and we were the last table to walk in. BIU, I will be back. I am sure I will be craving those brussels sprouts again soon...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You know, Santa Cruz has a Brussel Sprouts festival at the boardwalk...LOL. Yuck! I could never stnad them...I don't know why either. LOL!