Thursday, October 04, 2007

2005 M2 Old Vine Zinfandel with Tri-Thai Stir Fry


2005 M2 Old Vine Zinfandel
I picked up this wine at the Zinfest in Lodi a few months back. OK, more like four months ago or something. It's delicious--and it's even better with food. The wine is a little sweet, but not cloying. I would also describe this zin as fruity and robust... best paired with a spicy meal such as Mexican food if margaritas or cerveza is not your thing. We tried the wine with my Tri-Thai Vegetable Stir Fry with Shirataki Noodles.


The Tri-Thai Vegetable Stir Fry with Shirataki Noodles contains garlic, purple basil and cilantro (fresh from the Caesar Chavez market). It also contains ginger, chili peppers, white pepper, shallots, red onions, mushrooms, broccoli, eggplant, red and purple bell peppers, vegetable stock, and sesame oil. After sauteeing the spices, garlic, shallot and onions together, added in the basil and then the vegetables... in order of cooking time. To finish, I wilted the chopped cilantro in the stir fry and then sprinkled some toasted sesame seeds over the top. Finally, I tossed the stir fry mixture with two packages of (previously drained) shirataki (yam) noodles. The black variety of yam noodle I have only seen at the Asian market. It had a nice seaweed flavor. And then there was the soy sauce... Mmmmm.


For dessert it was a Melon and Pomegranate with Lime Juice I cut up and threw together. All three items were purchased at Davis Ranch. I was going to add some frozen soy dessert on the top, but it just didn't need it--and to be honest, neither did I. :)

The melon is on the end of its season, but it was still quite tasty... It was my first pomegranate of the year. Poms are special to me because I had never even seen them before I moved here. The seeds are like little jewels... am definitely going to incorporate them into more recipes while they last.

Good Food, Good Friends, Good Times, Good Health.

No comments: