Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Hey Cookie.

On Saturday, I attended a cookie gathering/swap organized by Sacramento's own, Garrett McCord of Vanilla Garlic.

This is a bootleg post about it. I didn't bring any cookies. If I had, I probably would have made something with pistachio, almond, or hazelnuts. There will be cookies made and posted on the blog this season, it just might be a little later on in the month (as I will be making cookies for the winner of a contest I am having for the columnists of Senior Magazine, and might be cajoled in to making cookies for a few select others *wink*). For the most part I am trying to keep trigger foods out of my kitchen. It was so nice to just show up and socialize with everyone. Did not bring anything, so I did not take or try anything, either. But I did take pics with the sylvacam for your viewing pleasure! Feast your eyes, my pretties...



Kim B. of Sac Foodies - Chocolate Dipped Macaroons




Greg & Becky (Mr. and Mrs. Eats) - Ginger Crisps




Andrea of Rookie Cookery - Persimmon Cookies




Kim (bff in dt Sac) & Anita - Chocolate Tipped Soft Tulles




Ann of Sacatomato - Chocolate Pepper Crisps




Kate of SN & R - Gingerbread Stars with Buttercream




Garrett of Vanilla Garlic - Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies




Mr. and Mrs. Appetizers - Chocolate Cookies with Dried Chocolate Covered Cherries




Fethiye of Yogurtland - Turkish Date Filled Cookies


I brought my corny jokes & commentary.
Oh yes, and happily sipped a can of Diet 7-Up.
Mrs. Appetizer's kind words to me probably made my day. :)


I had a lovely time and will host something soon at my fort or someone else's. Merry Christmas, all you Cookie Monsters out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you have amazing willpower to be around all those cookies and not eat even one! Way to go!!! I'm super impressed! I would have had to have at least one...although, to just choose one would be hard...anyways. Hope all is well! -CKMeggers-