Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baked Tortilla Chips



I want to thank the people at Tumaro's Tortillas and their marketing company. A while back they sent me a HUUUGE sampler of different flavors of their products.

On Sunday, I finally opened a package that looked the most promising to me. It was the Chipotle Chili and Peppers variety. Instead of making fajitas or soft tacos, etc... I decided I would toast them up in the oven and make chips out of them... then add my own spices to flavor them.



3 Tumaros Chipotle Tortillas, cut into wedges, then baked at 400 degrees until browned and crisp
Cooking Spray

Seasoning mix:
1 teaspoon white cheddar seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp parmesan garlic seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp hot chili powder
cracked pepper
sea salt

Serve with salsa and sour cream, or enjoy plain!
Thanks, Katie for hooking up J & me for literally months of tortilla dishes. We froze the excess and are working at one package at a time. I am going to make chips again out of the sundried tomato variety and season with parmesan garlic, basil, and asiago.

No comments: