Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Brunch at Evan's Kitchen

I don't normally do breakfast, but sometimes I make Sunday brunch exceptions.
Last Sunday's excuse to dine out was to try Evan's Kitchen. It is so close to where I am living right now (temporarily), and I had heard good things about the place through friends and on Yelp!


This is the shrimp and avocado eggs benedict I had. It was terrific! I ordered salsa on the side instead of the hollandaise sauce that is typically served shmeared all over it. :)


This is the side of fruit I ordered that helped satiate my undying sweet tooth... I managed not to try…


…This french toast, which my friend ordered. It was all smiles across the table, and a clean plate afterward.

So, if you are looking for a reliable brunch spot off the beaten path, Evan's Kitchen is a perfect combination of great taste, good value, friendly service, and a family atmosphere.

I understand there will be a "Summer in Paris" wine dinner at Evan's on Tuesday, August 5th, from 6-9pm, featuring Herbes de Provence. There will be four courses and a dessert, all paired with wines. The courses will feature Sage, Bay, Rosemary (my fave!) Marjoram, and Thyme. The dinner is $59.95 per person, and reservations are required. Call 916-452-3896 for more information!

No comments: