Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Favorite Holiday Memories? Tell Me
About Them & You Can Win a Book!




*(Happy) sigh.* This is undoubtedly my favorite time of year.
I am about halfway through a charming book called "Immovable Feast" A Paris Christmas by John Baxter.

I took the book with me on my trip to Ohio last week to pass the time (when I was not sleeping) during long flights and layovers.

The book is written by John Baxter and recounts his initiation into a French family (and their holiday celebrations) upon marrying his wife, Marie-Dominique. It is a wonderful read for anyone interested in food, wine, France, love, family, making the perfect Christmas pudding. :)
The book is written much like a love letter to the author's wife and to France… :) It was so pleasant to read about family and memories while at the same time be on my way to see family!

WIN A COPY of the BOOK!!
If you are interested in reading the book, you can win one right here! I will be giving away a copy of the very delightful "Immovable Feast" A Paris Christmas by John Baxter. To enter to win the book, please leave your favorite Christmas familial memory (in my comments section in this post). I will pick the best story and send the winner a copy. Sound good? OK, let's hear your stories... Go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have lot of sewwt memories from my family holiday trips to share with you.

Anonymous said...

Well this is certainly fun! Great idea!
My favorite Holiday Memory would have to be when I was young my entire family would get together at my Grandmother's house. On Christmas Eve after dinner we would all sit down and read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" together. We would pass the book around and take turns reading. Our parents would tuck us in to bed and we would lie awake giggling and talking about Santa...and I remember one Christmas Eve we actually heard sleigh bells on the roof! Thinking back it makes me smile that our parents were having just as much fun as we were. Cheers!