Thursday, February 26, 2009

Red Velvet Love…

Swoon. :) I was just hired for a wedding reception that is sure to be one of the most unique and fun events of the year. I met the bride last Sunday for a wedding cake tasting at my local haunt.

With my red velvet cake, I do not use the traditional, cloying, messy cream cheese frosting, as it can be unaesthetically pleasing and it does not taste delicious. Instead, I brush the layers with a chocolate liqueur (such as Crème de cacao). I use a buttercream & cream cheese filling, and ice the cake in my signature buttercream frosting.

Here are some pics of what I brought to her and pictures of how I put them together:


Julie & Joe, I am so honored to be a part of your fantastic celebration.



1 comment:

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com