Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ludy's BBQ in Historic Woodland




Ludy's Main St. BBQ
is located in Woodland's Downtown Historic District right next to the Opera House. Ludy's began in 1994, when gourmet chef Paul Ludovina returned to his home town of Woodland, California, after spending 10 years in Santa Barbara designing and opening restaurants. He wanted to open a restaurant that provided a unique style of BBQ food in a western style setting. Since its inception and grand opening, Ludy’s has come a long way. The staff has grown from 20 to 45 people. Soon, I am hoping it will be 46 people. I went to the restaurant on Monday afternoon to interview for a position there in the marketing/catering division. I decided to blog about my experience there, because I really liked my food (I had an awesome tri-tip salad there for lunch) and had a great chat with the both the general manager and Paul himself.


The counter with the entire menu overhead. Everything from succulent BBQ platters––ribs (beef and pork), tri-tip, chicken, to burgers, even fish & chips and salads. They also have chili and prime rib. Ludy's has several sides from which to choose including coleslaw, onion rings, wings, BBQ beans, potato salad, rolls, handcut fries, and cornbread. Their wine list has a few R.H. Phillips Toasted Head wines, and a few other local wineries.


I laughed when I saw this painting on the ceiling. Classic! To a real BBQ lover, better than the Sistine Chapel.



Here are some shots of inside the restaurant. There is also an outdoor patio in the back where you can dine.






Ludy's BBQ features live music on most Friday & Saturday nights. Here's a schedule of who'll be playing.

Good times, good food, and only about 20 minutes from Sacramento!

No comments: