Last Saturday night, the Fountains at Roseville (think Bellagio fountains, smaller scale, no gambling) welcomed the Placer Wine & Art Party on their lawn in between its boutique shops. Hundreds* of wine and art lovers gathered to try lesser-known Placer wines and view spectacular mixed-media works by local artists.
*(Further reports actually place the number of attendees at 2,500+!! WOW!)
In between the tents and booths. It was so WARM Saturday night... it felt like Dayton, Ohio in June! Humid and above 80 degrees past 8pm.
Now, seven sips about the successful shindig:
1. Fountains was the perfect venue for an event like this, and I am so glad the weather played nice!
2. There are many overlooked wineries in the Placer Area. You can learn more about them here.
3. There are a lot of talented artists in the Placer Area. I really liked the fact that many of them do ceramics, jewelry, glass and metal work, and there seemed to be less painting going on.
4. I want to let you know about the Placer Hills Winery Tour. If you missed the Wine & Art Party, make up for it by coming out to the tour and by hitting the Autumn Art Studios Tour. Of course, this all ties in with the annual Cowboy Poetry Festival... Which is always a fun event. Also, there is an apple pie contest at the Cowboy Poetry Festival for all you bakers out there. I took second place 2 years ago, missed it last year. :)
5. Pumpkin Metal Art I really liked! :)
6. Winner wines of the night!! Honorable mentions go to…
Green Family Winery's Syrah
Dono del Cialo Zinfandel... That is one SEXY lookin' bottle!
Viña Castellano and their Cab Franc.
Ophir Wines' Spanish Corral Red
Look for Viña Castellano, Dono del Cialo, and Ophir (OH-FUR) Wines on the Auburn Winery Trail.
My favorite wine and the one of which I chose to purchase a glass was…
Cristaldi Vineyards' Albariño
Cristaldi is located at 4060 Ridge Dr in Loomis. Their albariño paired perfectly with the Caesar Chicken Wrap (perfect amount of dressing and cheese on there, BTW) and eggplant hummus & pita chips appetizer my friend and I split from Randy Peters Catering.
7. Lastly, the evening was accompanied by sounds from Chicago Tribute Authority (bonus!!) and the Spazmatics. Yes, that was me dancing in the Fountains courtyard. At least I stayed out of the actual fountains…
Thanks to Placer Valley Tourism for organizing such a fun party!