Saturday, October 31, 2009

Reception at Quent Cordair Art Gallery, Downtown Napa



As I write this afternoon, I am still bubbling with excitement and wonderful memories of my trip to Napa!! :D I never realized what an impression that downtown Napa would make on me. I only hope to convey my enthusiasm about the area and give you no other choice but to pay a visit sometime. There is way more to Napa Valley than the string of wineries along 29. Read on…

Last Tuesday, I drove into downtown Napa for a media tour hosted by the Downtown Napa Visitor's Association & The Napa Valley Wine Train. The first stop of my tour was the Quent Cordair Fine Art Gallery. As I walked into the gallery, I was greeted by Linda Cordair and Melodie Hilton (from the Napa Valley Wine Train). Media guests were treated to a charcuterie and cheese plate by the Avia Hotel. There were also cupcakes provided by Sift Cupcakery.









Some of the wine was provided by X Winery. Really loved their Cab. You can see information on it here.

After mingling and nibbling on the cheese and meat platters, and sipping some wine, we gathered in the front room in a circle to introduce ourselves to the entire group. Some of the websites represented were The Boutique & Lifestyle Lodging Association, Traveling with MJ, E-Travel Blackboard, and writers Patty Burness, Sue Facter, and Carolyn Burns Bass were also there.


Craig Smith, one of our gracious hosts, showed all of us a map of the riverscape and spoke about what were were to do and see over the next few days, as well as the developments along the river. As many of you might know, there are restaurants slated to open soon by chefs Masaharu Morimoto, and Tyler Florence. Downtown Napa already boasts some amazing places to dine, as I will blog about soon, but the arrival of Morimoto and Florence will surely draw more attention, especially for Food Network enthusiasts.


This painting was my absolute favorite. It's called "New Year's Eve" by Bryan Larsen. I almost cried when I saw it. Some of you who know me personally would know why. ;) All I can say is if I had the money, I would buy it. The asking price is $17,500.

In the next post, I'll discuss our next stop of that evening, The Oxbow Public Market. Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

Carolyn Burns Bass said...

There were so many lovely pieces at Quent Cordair Gallery, they're now jumbled in my mind. This piece, "New Year's Eve," I recall for its the emotion it exudes in such a contemporary setting. Am looking forward to reading more of your posts.