Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bacon Salt Love & Gluten Free Dinner in 15 mins...



So I know this doesn't look like much to you, but I am kind of obsessed with this bacon salt stuff right now. I LOVE it on the simplest things. Namely beans.

So I bought a bag of mixed beans, you know the bag you can get with all kinds, lima, kidney, pinto, black eyed peas, etc? Then I cooked the beans al dente. You can do this a day ahead of time so that they are ready on demand.

Then, I cut half an onion, about 6 or so button mushrooms, and a clove of garlic and sautéed all of that together. Deglazed the pan with chicken broth. Then I threw in 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of the cooked beans and stirred until warmed through.

Then I added a generous amount of Bacon Salt (original flavor), and topped it off with parmesan romano cheese.




That was my dinner with a glass of viognier. Just thought I would share, because it was so quick, easy, gluten-free, and vegetarian!!

Have you ever used bacon salt or baconnaise? If so, please share in the comments section with your contact info. You could win a prize!

No comments: