Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Heart Pizza Series: Campelli's Pizza, Roseville

OK, so I heart pizza. I admit it. I am a little ashamed of this, spending so much time at the gym and eating salads and taking bags of veggies with me places and all of that. I eat healthfully most of the time, but then there are times... ;)

So now that the secret is out, I have to let you in on my newest pizza discovery, Campelli's Pizza.

My boyfriend and I had some company over last night to watch tv and have a few drinks, so we were looking for a good pizza option. I try to stay away from most chains and love promoting small, family-operated businesses, so this was the perfect place. Also, I had spotted them a few days earlier (post-workout and craving serious carbs)!!


Here's the front of the restaurant, snapped from my car as I drove away with my order.



Inside there are cute little murals along the wall. They have a spacious dining area and a couple of TVs, great for watching any sports games you might want to see.



Here's the pizza ovens, and one of the sweet girls (Shelby) that waited on me. She has been working at Campelli's since they opened about 2 years ago.



Breadsticks! Served with a side of marinara (or ranch if you want)...The breadsticks were sort of buttery and puffy and layered. Very good.



This is an appetizer called Campelli's Crispers. We ordered it topped with pesto and cheese. It's a lot like a very thin crust pizza and topped with parmesan, mozzarella, and romano cheeses.



This is the meat mercado with pepperoni, italian sausage, ham, & bacon.



This is the Gipetto's Veggie Pizza. It has mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, onion, & bell peppers.



And here is the salad that I always order so that I can eat most of it first and then have 1 or 2 pieces of pizza instead of 4 or 12. ;)

I would describe Campelli's pizza as similar to Pete's (crust wise), and the sauce is a little spicier. We ordered the hand-tossed variety on both pizzas, as I prefer a thicker crust.

Campelli's offers a couple specials I would like to let you know about. First, there's a lunch special, weekdays from 11-3. It's $2.25 a slice, $3.50 for a slice & soda, or just $5.00 for a slice, salad, & soda.

Second, on Sundays, they sell their pizzas 2 (2 mediums up to 4 toppings) for $20 and you can pair them with $1 drafts of Campelli's Pale Ale (a whole pint for a buck, regularly priced at $2.75)

Here is a link
to other specials throughout the week!

The pizza sizes run medium (12", 8 slices) to X-Large (16", 12 slices) and they also make 8" personal pizzas starting at $4.95.

Campelli's is a very family-friendly place and there are games near the drink counter for groups that want to get out of the house, but stay out of the rain. Speaking of staying out of the rain, delivery is also available, too.

Campelli's is located at Foothills and Pleasant Grove in Roseville, and they are open Mon-Thurs 11-9, Fri-Sat 11-10, and Sunday 10-9.

2 comments:

CautiousOptimist said...

I was greatly impressed with their pizzas and will definitely go there (with friends) in the future! :)

StorageRoseville.com said...

Sounds delicious ... we'll check it out!


Enjoy,
Christine from StorageRoseville.com