Thursday, February 04, 2010
8th Annual Celebrity Chef Challenge: Update!
This update goes out to all potential vendors for the 8th Annual Celebrity Chef Challenge.
This year, InAlliance has added a People’s Choice Vendor Award:
• Each participating vendor will be eligible for the Celebrity Chef Challenge People’s Choice Award presented by SacDine.com.
• Every paying guest will receive one voting chip. Throughout the evening they will visit the vendor booths and decide which vendor is their favorite. They will place their voting chip in the box of the vendor they feel is the best.
• The winner(s) will receive a plaque and a valuable marketing/advertising package courtesy of SacDine.com.
• Please encourage your patrons to attend the Celebrity Chef Challenge so that they can vote for you!
Ticket Discount for Patrons and Members:
• We are offering a 10% discount to your customers, so please let your patrons and club members know about the event.
• To receive the discount, guests must contact Jessica Bean by phone at 916-381-1300 x170, with the code VD10CCC2010. They can pay by cash, check or credit card.
Sous Chef Sponsor: Colusa Casino
Maitre D’ Sponsors: GFBB Benefits, Propp Christensen Caniglia, SureWest Foundation
Pantry Chef Sponsor: CC Myers, UC Davis Health System, SMUD
(So far) The 2010 Chef Competitors include:
Ryan O’Malley, Piatti Ristorante
Anthony Dimasuay, Marriott’s Residence Inn Downtown
Kristy DeVaney, Cakegrrl.com (caterer, food blogger, local journalist)
Chef Q, Chef Q for Hire (personal chef)
Celebrity Judges include:
Chef Dominique Crenn, Luce Restaurant in San Francisco and competitor on Food Network’s, “The Next Iron Chef”
Bryan May, News 10
Adam Pechal, Tuli Bistro and past Celebrity Chef Challenge Winner
Celebrity Chef Challenge Emcees:
Guy Farris and Melissa Crowley, hosts of Sacramento & Company
Sacramento & Company/News 10
Southwest Airlines Spirit Magazine
The Eagle 96.9, KSEG
Clear Channel (V101.1 Old School and R&B, My 92.5)
Entravision (101.9 The Wolf)
The Downtown Grid
Asia Pacific Chamber of Commerce
Anderson Valley Brewing
Buckbean Brewing Company
Chef Q for Hire
Green Mountain Beverage Company (Woodchuck/Wyder’s/Strongbow Cider’s)
Marriott’s Residence Inn Downtown
Mellow Me Out Day Spa
Mount Aukum Winery
Piatti Ristorante & Bar
Sweetwater Restaurant and Bar
And more to come!!!
If you are interested in becoming a vendor or sponsor, please contact me or Jessica Bean (PR Coordinator at InAlliance) at 916-381-1300 x170 (office)
Tickets are on sale now and may be purchased on the website at www.chefevent.com or in person at 6950 21st Ave from 9am-5pm M-F for $50.
Remember that 100% of profits raised from the Celebrity Chef Challenge will support programs for our community’s most vulnerable citizens- people with developmental disabilities, so spread the word and we will make the 8th Annual Celebrity Chef Challenge Sacramento’s Best Culinary Event!