Monday, March 08, 2010
Tweet, Win Prizes & Find the Pirate in You! The 2nd Sac Treasure Hunt Starts Monday, March 15th!
And guess who's doing the cake that will be at the end of the hunt?!? Click here to view the video of the making of the first Sac Treasure Hunt cake.
If you missed the 1st Sac Treasure Hunt, here's a link to the winner opening the treasure!
The 2nd Sacramento Treasure Hunt begins on March 15th and runs until March 20th! Here's how it works, with a few new twists!
First, you might be wondering what's inside the treasure chest. The grand prize winner of the Sac Treasure Hunt will receive:
• $500 cash from the Sac Treasure Hunt team.
• Two (2) front row tickets (Floor 1 / Row A) to the Carrie Underwood concert
at Arco Arena on Thursday, May 20th.
• 3 months of unlimited FREE car washes from Quick Quack Car Wash.
• $150 in gift certificates from Jiffy Lube.
• Four (4) baseball tickets and a special gift from the Sacramento River Cats.
• Free daily passes to the Sacramento Zoo.
• $150 in gift cards from Nugget Markets.
• Clothing, gear and tickets to a game from the Sac State Hornets Athletic Department.
• Professional Teeth Whitening and Spray Tan from Unique Impressions.
• Two (2) one day adult passes (No blackout dates!) to Kirkwood Ski Resort.
The 2nd Sac Treasure Hunt will start next Monday, March 15th and end on Saturday the 20th. The STH is a fun and interactive game that is open to everyone over the age of 18; and takes place in the Greater Sacramento area. Simply just follow the clues on twitter and find the secret treasure location at the end.
Here's how the STH will work:
1. First, make sure to sign up for a twitter account (www.twitter.com) if you don't already have one; as all clues will originate from our twitter page.
2. Once signed up for a twitter page, be sure to follow us at www.twitter.com/sactreasurehunt to look for the daily clues that will be given each morning the week of the STH at 9 AM PST. All STH's will start on a Monday and end on Saturday of the same week.
3. Daily clues and keyword(s) will be given each day, Monday thru Friday, and the last clue will be given on that Saturday at 9am as well. Clues could be numbers or letters, questions or answers, general Greater Sacramento trivia or maybe something on another website. You will never have to go any where or purchase anything to get a clue, just follow our tweets!
4. Put all the clues together to figure out where the treasure is located after the last clue on Saturday. The actual treasure will not be put in place until Saturday, so if you think you figured the location out beforehand, just wait till Saturday to go and find it.
5. You will also need to remember all the keywords from each specific day. We suggest writing them down on a piece of paper and bringing that with you when trying to find the secret treasure chest location. You will fill out a sheet upon arriving at the secret location and must have it correctly filled out to continue.
6. The first 10 people who show up at the secret treasure location on Saturday after 9 AM and CORRECTLY fill out the daily keywords sheet, will then choose 1 of 10 keys in order of how they finished the daily keywords sheet. The next 100 people who show up after the first 10 will receive special offers from our sponsors (such as coupons).
7. Once all 10 keys have been accounted for, each key holder, in order, will then attempt to open the lock of the treasure chest. 3 of the 10 keys will open the lock(new twist here!). When the final 3 keys are known, they will then start over by selecting a key and trying to open the treasure chest. When the treasure chest is finally opened by one of the key holders, the hunt is officially over at that time. (This part of the STH may be filmed to later publish online so everyone can see the drama of keys not working and others working!)
8. The treasure chest will contain prizes and items from local businesses in the Greater Sacramento area. Over $5,000 in total prizes will be given away. Be sure to read the Prizes and Sponsors post for all that information.
9. The 2nd thru 9th place participants will receive a Sac Treasure Hunt goodie bag that contains free gifts and prizes as well; so all 10 of the key holders will win something for finding the secret treasure chest location first.
10. As noted previously above, the 11th thru 100th people who find the secret treasure chest location will receive special coupons and offers from our sponsors...so be one of the first 100 people to receive something special on Saturday!
Rules and Conditions:
Must be 18 years and older to participant in the STH. 1st thru 10th place winners must show photo ID and or proof of age to collect prize as well as fill out a simple form with their name, address and twitter account name.
If you are one of the first 10 people to receive a key, you will be asked to put your cell phone or any other electronic device you have on you in a provided "safe basket" close by; as we don't want people to be tempted to call, email or text their family or friends about the secret location of the treasure chest (fair play for all!).
If you decline or refuse to put your item in the "safe basket" you will be disqualified and your spot will be given to the next person waiting, no exceptions. Once the winners are established and the hunt is over you can retrieve your item.
We have the right to remove you from your position in the STH at any time if we feel you are helping others in any way; such as giving them the keywords or telling others the location of the secret treasure.
By actively participating in the STH you are agreeing to the above rules and conditions. Rules may be changed or added without notification if unforeseen issues surface later.
Play fair and have FUN....just figure out the secret location of the treasure chest!
Best of luck to all!