Sunday, February 12, 2012

Paleo Recipe: Hard Boiled Eggs with Avocado, Cumin, & Curry


Hey, I know these eggs don't look all that exciting. I made them as a last minute surprise appetizer for the Wintun Ranch Grass Fed Steaks we had as our main course last night. According to the BF, "they almost upstaged the entire dinner!" I really loved them too, and am actually going to make some more tonight. As you can imagine, after dining with someone who has Adam Richman's appetite (but far better metabolism), these eggs were "gone in 60 seconds". ;)

So, wanna give them a try? Depending on how much you want to make, you can multiply the ingredients. I will give the ratio for the amount of eggs I made last night: 3, yielding the six portions you see in the picture. :)

Hard Boiled Eggs with Avocado, Cumin and Curry
Ingredients:
3 organic cage free eggs
1/2 of one avocado
1tsp cumin
1/2 tsp curry
1/2 tsp garlic pureé
pinch of salt to taste
optional: fresh black pepper on top

Hard boil the eggs and peel them out of their shells. Cut them in half and scoop out the yolks into a small bowl. Cut half an avocado and mash it together with the yolks in the bowl. Add the spices and garlic puree and the salt to taste. Spoon the mixture back into the egg white halves. Top with cracked pepper.

I am going to dice some beets to top the eggs with tonight when I make them again, as this will make them a little more visually appealing without affecting the taste very much. I will update with a new picture and instructions on the beets tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!

UPDATE! 

I added beets to garnish the eggs, and they look and taste great.
To prepare the beets, cut them into cubes and boil them until they are tender. They will slip out of their outer skins much easier after they cook. Cut into little "diamond" shapes and place on top of the avocado and egg filling. Here is what it looks like:


1 comment:

weezy2k said...

Delicious. Just made them. I think the beets are a good idea. thanks