Calling all Sacramento area amateur and semi-pro bakers! Are you ready
for a sweet challenge?
This year's Cake War at the 10th Annual Celebrity Chef Challenge is
Battle Cupcakes, and we're looking for three contestants to
battle it out against three cupcake pros.
But to join the battle, we want to see what you've got! Why are your
cupcakes the best? Show and tell us by making a 3-5 minute video and
uploading it to YouTube!
We have received some great entries, but we are looking for more!
And this time, we're extending the video contest to include bakers who
also bake as a side business, but do not yet have a store front.
To give you an idea of who and what we are looking for, here are two
of the entries we have already received:
First, the lovely Kyle Lane of East Sacramento, and her partner in
cupcake, John Goddard!
And presenting Jennifer Urias and her cupcake companion, Michelle Duncan!
Great job ladies!!
OK, if you want to show Sacramento who makes the best cupcakes, you
have one more month to get those entries in! Then we'll all vote for
our favorites and choose the final contestants for the Cupcake War on
Please note, this is an audition for the Cake War at the Sacramento
Chef Challenge and NOT the Food Network Cupcake Wars program.
If you have links to other photos or a Facebook page that show off
your work, please send the links to me at cakegrrl 2007 at gmail dot
You must be 21 or older to compete. Video submissions will be accepted
now through May 10th. At that time, we will upload our favorite
videos to the Sacramento Chef Challenge website and ask the public to
choose their favorite!
Three of the finalists will be selected to compete at the
Sacramento Chef Challenge. Finalists will be notified by June 10th.
1. You must be available on June 23rd for most of the day (to set up)
and the evening (to compete).
2. You must be able to prep and provide all your own ingredients
(though you will be able to prepare your frostings on site).
3. There will be one secret ingredient you must use in your cupcakes.
4. There will be a theme for your display.
5. You will need an assistant, please make sure they will also be
available on the day of the competition, and that they appear in your
6. You must make enough mini samples for the audience to try (about
200), so they can vote on their favorite.
7. You must be able to construct/buy & build your cupcake stand that
will reflect the theme of the competition (this will be the same theme
for the Chef's Challenge to be announced in the near future).
Along with your video submission, please send an email to cakegrrl
2007 at gmail dot com with the answers to these questions.
3. Phone Number:
4. Location (Where do you live in the area?):
5. Why do you want to be a contestant?
6. When did you start baking?
7. What is your level of training? (Did you go to culinary school?)
8. What sets your cupcakes apart from the rest?
9. Do you have a specialty cupcake?
10. Have you ever won any awards/contests for your baking? If so,
please list them.
11. Please list 3 adjectives that best describe you.
12. Are you competitive?
13. How do you handle stressful situations?
14. Who is your partner/assistant you would bring to the competition?
15. Are you available for most of the day and evening on June 23rd, 2012?
Competition will be held during the Sacramento Chef Challenge on June
23rd from 4-9pm at the INALLIANCE Sacramento Campus, 6950 21st Ave,
Sacramento, CA 95820.
For more information, please feel free to call Jessica Bean at (916)
381-1300 or email me at cakegrrl 2007 at gmail dot com.
To buy tickets to the event, please click here. All tickets include:
• the Chef Challenge
• Gourmet food sampling from local restaurants, caterers & specialty food shops
• Five free beer/wine tastes from regional breweries & wineries
(additional tastes may be purchased for $1 each)
• Cake War presented by Cakegrrl.com
• Live Music
About the Sacramento Chef Challenge:
Professional chefs compete head to head in a live culinary competition
and you decide who wins! Challengers have three hours to prepare and
serve a specialty menu based on a surprise theme. Guests will have the
opportunity to sample each item and determine “whose cuisines reigns
As chefs battle for culinary glory, guests sample from over 100
restaurants, wineries and breweries while enjoying live music, raffle
and silent auction!
The Sacramento Chef Challenge is a benefit for INALLIANCE, a nonprofit
that provides support for people with developmental disabilities.
All proceeds from our event go to enhancing the vital programs
INALLIANCE provides the community. Learn more at www.inallianceinc.com