Saturday, September 23, 2006


I know I sound silly, but I am so happy. I just got to talk to my dad via Skype. Technology rules.

The older I get, the more I respect him and know that I am JUST LIKE HIM in sooo many ways. I am almost crying right now, actually. Half my life I was pissed at him, but I don't even mind anymore about the past. People who are unhappy with their life and blame their parents are complete morons. Dad and I never got along when I was growing up and never had a conversation longer than 5 minutes. Conversation means that both parties contribute to the discussion. Sure HE talked to me for hours. Ha! Yelled, actually. There were a lot of unhappy and a lot of people might say abusive evenings at home when I was growing up. But, f*ck it. He just didn't want me to screw up my life. He wanted me to be a superstar, that's all! My dad rules. He can make anything--a shelf, a table, a HOUSE (note the business on his cap happens to be his own construction company), he even throws down the meanest dish in the kitchen. Yah, he makes salsa, jerky and bottles honey every year.

I just talked to him for 14 minutes straight and I can't wait to come home so he can force feed my *ss and tell me I'm too skinny!
:)

No comments: