Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mock Cheesecake



2 Tbs Fat Free Cream Cheese

2 Tbs Fat Free Sour Cream

1 Tbs Fat Free Cottage Cheese

2 Tbs Vanilla Yogurt

1 Tbs Sugar Free, Fat Free Cheesecake Jello Mix (instant)

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

2 packets artificial sweetener

pinch salt


Mix Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Cottage Cheese, & Vanilla Yogurt together in a bowl with the sweetener. Add pumpkin and mix. (Pumpkin is not necessary if this sounds disgusting to you, but I add because I love the taste of it and love the health benefits). Add the cheesecake mix and 2-4 Tbs of water.

Total calories: 170 (with pumpkin), 130 without.



At this point, you can add anything you might like as a mock "crust". I add 2 cups popcorn (62 cal), 2 or three pretzels crushed up (36 cal), an ice cream cake cone (20 cal), half of a chips ahoy 100 calorie pack (50 cal), 2 Tbs. graham cracker crumbs (50 cal), 2 or 3 animal crackers (30 cal), 1 Tbs carob chips (35 cal) .

That being said, I try not to add more than 150 calories to the already 170 calorie mix.

In the pic, I have added pretzels, popcorn, and half of an oreo cookie 100 calorie pack.



So for dinner, I have the mock cheesecake and the frosty mix together. I guess I like this combination so much because it feels like I am having an ice cream sundae every evening and ice cream sundaes are "forbidden" for a formerly fat & still hungry girl like me. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Okay, disregard my message below- I didn't realize you had a weight problem in the past! I feel your pain. Right now I'm just trying to get myself exercising again, dealing with a lot of lethargy and exhaustion without reason. No fun!

And that Mock Cheesecake sounds wonderful!!