Tuesday, June 26, 2007

So Saucy!


I want to tell you all about this fairly new BBQ sauce in the KC Masterpiece lineup. It's their "Classic Blend" and it is only 10 calories per a 2 Tablespoon serving! This is one of the first sauces I have seen that is made without putrid high fructose corn syrup (hallelujah!). I picked up a bottle last week and loved it. Last night, I purchased another bottle...FYI it happens to be on sale at Eve's Market in the Carmichael Arden area, 2 bottles for $4.00.


Not only that, but if you go to the KC Masterpiece website, you can get a coupon for $1.00 off a bottle. Just in time for all that summer grilling!


But wait, there's more! The company is also holding a recipe contest. Contestants are to submit their most original, tasty and innovative recipes using KC Masterpiece® sauces, marinades and seasonings. No grills allowed here--just the most creative recipe you can create to make KC Masterpiece® a part of everyday meal solutions! You can use 10 additional ingredients or less, but the recipe cannot be more than 250 words. One grand prize winner gets a deluxe set of other kitchen masterpieces - tools and appliances to inspire future family dinners. The winner will also receive a gift basket of a variety of KC Masterpiece® sauces, marinades and seasonings, for a total prize value of $4,500!
Get cooking, the recipe deadline is July 17th.


I am probably going to enter, but I would like to work on a vegetarian recipe, as about half of my friends and acquaintances either do not eat red meat, or try to avoid meat altogether. And I aim to please, dear readers. :)

1 comment:

What is Curry? said...

Lovely blog....just love it!
sounds interesting. Iam thinking of a recipe as I type this.