Monday, July 16, 2007

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake w/Cookie Crust



This one is for BM, a Senior Mag columnist. She donated $50 to my walk and I am finally making good on my promise. S got the reminder of the cookies I made from the crust recipe...topped with caramel (not pictured--already ingested).

But here's what went into the cheesecake:

Cookie Base:
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter
2 eggs
2 Tbs milk
Contents of 1 vanilla bean pod
3 1/4 flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Cheesecake Filling:
2 packages cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
Contents of 1/2 of one vanilla bean pod
Lemon Zest
1/4 flour

Prebaked the crust (at 375 until half-baked) and then filled with the cream cheese mixture. I baked it at about 250ish for 45 minutes to finish. And there you have it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

damn that looks GOOD!!!!

cakegrrl2007 said...

Aw... even with the crappy pic? Thanks!! ;) It is a delicious spin instead of using graham cracker... although, a double graham crust is in the works in my test lab... :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks and sounds so F***ING TASTY.