Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cinna-"Peanut Butter" Chocolate Chip Pita!
145 Calories



Clocks in at just 145 calories for the whole thing!

Did I mention it was ALSO sugar free?

Yesterday I picked up some "Middle East Carb Watch" (sounds like a terror alert level) Pita Bread at the Nugget Market in Davis. This product caught my attention because one pita only contains 70 calories (as compared to 160-200 in a whole piece of regular pita bread).



I toasted the pita bread in my toaster oven and made my substitute PB spread:

PB Spread
1 Tbs Sugar Free Peanut Butter Torani Syrup
2 Tbs Fat Free Cream Cheese
1 Packet Splenda
1 Tbs Pumpkin
pinch salt
=============
40 calories total

Then I spread it on the pita, topped with 1 Tbs carob chips (35 calories), and sprinkled some cinnamon and Splenda on the top. I am happy to have found the bread, so now I can enjoy pita on more of a regular basis as opposed to once a week with my wine...

No comments: