Monday, November 05, 2007

What? You've Never Eaten Your
Breakfast Out of a Martini Glass Before?


My problem with oatmeal is... the same with ice cream. The actual serving size (1/3 to 1/2 a cup) is so small! Who wants to stop at 1/2 cup of ice cream? Seriously. Well, I love oatmeal in the same way!

To stretch the portion size, and to add extra protein to offset the carbohydrates, I have added:
• One serving of Just Whites (egg whites in a carton)
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
To 35g of dry oatmeal.

I microwaved this for one minute, then added:
• 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
• 1 Tbs defatted peanut flour (you can also use unsweetened peanut butter)

Then microwaved for one more minute. To finish, I stirred in:
• Dash of cinnamon
• 2 packets Stevia or Splenda

Here's the nutritional breakdown:


Under 250 calories, yet very filling and of course delicious! Pumpkin is not just for pie filling anymore. It's a great addition to many dishes because of its flavor profile, texture, and the taste which is equally adaptable to savory and sweet.

Why the martini glass? It makes rolling out of bed a little more spectacular than tupperware. Shown is about 3/4 of what the recipe makes. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I love the new recipe idea...and may give it a try later this week. I love your comments about ice-cream and the serving size...SO TRUE! -Meggers (from CK)-

cakegrrl2007 said...

Hi Meggers!!
Ha, on the ice cream... Roll out the trough for me... I might be making some ice cream later this week...

Remember when you take the time to cook, to eat your breakfasts out of something fancy. So important treat yourself daily to fabulous clean food--served in your best dinnerware! :) You deserve it. xoxo