Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crush Revisited... The right way.

The last time I went to Crush 29 was to meet someone for drinks before we were to have dinner elsewhere. I had never eaten there before, despite really wanting to go back to try the food.

But I have to say, last Friday night, I was SPOILED rotten. First of all, thank you for the wonderful service, Mike and Shamara.


SOMEONE reserved a table for me right by the fire... nice. :)




The first wine I ordered was the Berryessa Gap Syrah... because I am very much into Syrahs lately...





This was the appetizer we ordered. Grill seared crostinis, 4 types of cheese: bleu, goat, parmesan, and another unspecified... along with a garnish of fresh berries.



I ordered the Strawberry Field Greens salad, with steak added... and the dressing on the side (natch!) Yummy pecans and feta studded the lettuce leaves.


Here is the Mahi Mahi dish they have on the menu, served with cilantro rice. There is a jalapeño sauce that I found to be just a bit too hot, and a little overpowering, but the fish itself was flakey and buttery… decadent.




After dinner, we stopped in to check out Bar Basic in Roseville, and the Boxing Donkey... the new Irish pub in downtown/old town Roseville. I will have to come back to truly judge what this place is like. The decor and theme are very cool.




Here is a shot of the bar at Boxing Donkey.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crush 29 - pure and simple, sucks

cakegrrl2007 said...

Nice. And as an anonymous commenter, your opinion counts for nothing here. :)

I beg to differ on Crush 29. The head chef has worked for The Firehouse, has trained with Roy Yamaguchi, and worked for Brix in Yountville. Pure and simple, I would say that does not suck.

Anonymous said...

oh, I forgot name dropping counts for something..........duh.

Still sucks though.

cakegrrl2007 said...

OK, that is your opinion, but you have (for the second time) failed to back it up. Lame.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Anonymous - what sucks about Crush? The wine selection is outstanding, the food is exceptional, the atmosphere is hip and the staff are attentive without being intrusive. Sure, the clientelle can be a bit pretentious, but that's true of Roseville in general. Sorry you feel the need to bash the place without any supporting evidence.

Anonymous said...

Crush...Paul Martin's...BJ's...Dennys..."what a lady, what a night"

I'm a fan of the Crush.

Anonymous said...

I agree! What a lady; what a night...