Thursday, February 17, 2011

Smashing Sin City Smashburger & Only Available Until February 27th!

I wanted to write a quick post to say thanks to Smashburger for inviting me out last week to try their newest menu item (Amongst anything else on the menu I wanted to try), the "Sin City" burger.



And thanks to my super awesome friend AB for stepping in at the last minute and sacrificing his figure to help me with the research for this write-up!

First, a little about the headliner...Until now, the Sin City was only available at the Las Vegas Smashburger location.

The Sin City Smashburger features a certified Angus beef patty placed on an egg bun, then topped with a fried egg, applewood smoked bacon, melted American cheese, grilled and haystack onions, and the signature smash sauce.

The burger was actually not as intimidating as I had imagined. I feared it would be a giant Sweet Lew-type concoction. The staff was nice enough to bring a burger cut into fourths like little burger d' oeuvres so that I could try it and not need to go to the gym after. :) I especially liked the fried egg and onions. Oh and the bacon. How could something with all of that taste bad? The only thing is that I can't recall if they ask you how well you want your burger cooked. So, I am thinking they default to medium well. :( It was still very good.


For my meal, I chose the Classic Smashcobb salad. It contains a mix of fresh greens, fried egg, applewood smoked bacon, tomatoes, onions, cheddar and blue cheese, topped with chicken and buttermilk ranch dressing. I really don't even think the salad needs dressing because it has so many other wonderful components, so I asked for them to leave it off. And really, this is almost the salad version of the Sin City burger. I bet you could ask them for the Smash sauce to use as a dressing.

You can check out some better pics of the food here.

If you want to try the Sin City Smashburger, you'd better hurry, as it will only be available at Smashburger locations until Feb. 27, otherwise you'll have to plan a special trip to Las Vegas. As good of a reason as any, I guess. I know I am due for a trip there!

Speaking of a Las Vegas trip, one lucky customer will win just that! The prize package includes airfare for two, a two-night stay in a luxury hotel, and a limo ride to a Las Vegas Smashburger.

Smashburger fans can enter to win by simply by going to Facebook.com/smashburger clicking on the "Sin City" tab, and keying in the validation code at the bottom of their dining receipt. In addition, each week during the Sin City Smashburger promotion, one fan will be chosen to receive free Smashburgers for a year. Wow. There are just no words for how much no one really needs that prize. But, hey it's all in good fun! The contest runs until March 6, with the winner to be announced March 7.

It was really awesome to run into my other friend at the tasting, Burger Junkies. He got the full VIP kitchen tour while I was busy stuffing my face! Lucky!! Check out his site for all things burger!!

Next up, I hear there'll be a Smashburger location opening in Roseville. Stay tuned, I will keep you up-to-date on all the lastest news. For now, here is a map of locations.

You can like Smashburger on Facebook here and follow them on twitter here.

No comments: