Friday, July 06, 2007

That Cakegrrl Has Such a "Can-Dew" Attitude!

har har...



So, I procured this delicious melon, a Can-Dew, (a hybrid between a cantaloupe and honeydew) at the Watt & El Camino market last Saturday morning. I am posting about it today so that if you live in Sacramento you can go and get one for yourself tomorrow morning! :) You must try. No really. Buy one and let it get REAALLLY cold and slice it up. Heaven. I am cracking up at the description (on the Can-Dew webpage) of what it means to pick a melon at "full slip". Those crazy farmers! :)



Even more heavenly was the fig I had with it, pictured above on the left. It came from D's (my editor's) fig tree. She gave it to me and I was so thrilled. Stuff like that just doesn't grow in the midwest...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm... i dunno... i don't like cantalope or honeydew melons. Makes me weary of this can-dew.

cakegrrl2007 said...

No cupcakes for you until you clean your plate, G! ;) Ha... The funny thing is that I don't like melons as a rule either... but this almost has a sweet cucumber flavor... freaky!

Jennifer said...

I seriously want to try this! I LOVE melon!