Sunday, October 14, 2007

Products Products Products Lalalalalala....

So, I have been a little irregular with posts lately... Just because deadline is coming up here at the mag and because I have been trying to limit my time on the internet, etc.

Two new products I want to tell you all about:




Primal Strips Thai Peanut
-- Packs 10g of protein into 74 calories of slightly spicy, peanutty, chewy, and yes MEATY delight! Meaty, but the strips are completely MEAT FREE! They are made of seitan. $1.19 at Eve's Market. I only bought 2, but I am most definitely going back for more. They do contain sugar, but it is labeled as unrefined evaporated cane juice, no HFCS. When a product is so highly concentrated with protein, it usually counter balances any nominal sugar, making the food easier for your body to digest. Perfect for a mid-day slump!





Organic Reduced Fat Shredded Coconut! Distributed by Edward and Sons and also available at Eve's Market.
OMG! I thought I would never be able to eat coconut again! But this coconut is super special because it is unsweetened and the fat content is reduced through a steaming process. It still has the texture of regular coconut, but you can add it into your favorite recipes with a little coconut extract or Torani Sugar Free Coconut Syrup and reduce your calories and fat by HALF! There are 140 calories and 10 grams of fat (not to mention 10g of sugar) in 4 Tablespoons of Baker's Angel Flake Coconut. Ingredients: (Coconut, Sugar, Water, Propylene Glycol (Preserves Freshness), Salt, Sodium Metabisulfite (Retains Coconut Whiteness).) Ack! Sounds like Devil's Flake to me. And BTW, 4 tablespoons is only 1/4 cup, so in a recipe, the calories add up veeery quickly. So, I am working on a mock coconut cream pie recipe and I will have something very soon! Stay tuned. :)

PS... Want to buy your Sugar Free Torani by the case like me? We've got a distributor in our own backyard!
Syrup to you is located over by Cal Expo and you can buy directly from them. If you buy by the case, you can save about $25 (for 12 bottles) over buying the Torani from the supermarket.
Here's their website! If they have the syrup in stock, it will be ready for pickup by the next day. Love that!

Bye for now.
xoxoxoxo!

No comments: