Friday, July 11, 2008

Thai Cottage

Tuesday evening, I met my friend Brenda at Thai Cottage on Howe Avenue. I walked to the restaurant from the River Park area, and when I got there, I must have poured sweat for at least fifteen minutes. Mmmm. Appetizing.

Thai Cottage is one of my favorite Thai food spots in Sacramento. I took my mom there last year while she was visiting from the midwest. She was taking a risk agreeing to try a cuisine she had never tasted before, but she loved it. So much so that when she returned home (Dayton, Ohio), she found a Thai restaurant so that she could enjoy similar dishes to the one she had here.


This is the Pra-Ram-Goong that Brenda ordered.
The dish is comprised of grilled shrimp on a bed of spinach and it is topped with a spicy peanut sauce. It was very rich and had a coconut milk based sauce. I could have eaten the peanut sauce on ice cream; it was spicy, yet very sweet.



We ordered the sticky rice, and it is served in this little woven container.
They also serve white rice and brown rice ala carte.



I ordered the Shrimp and Scallop Kra Prao
This dish is stir-fried in spicy garlic sauce with a touch of sweet basil. It was the special of the evening.

Coming Soon:
Grape & Gourmet highlights... stay tuned.

No comments: