Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Spectacular Potluck Party Puff Pastry Brie!!




During my holiday trip to Ohio, I attended a Christmas Open House Potluck at Caesar's Creek in their day lodge. The event was organized by a friend of my mother's. This is the dish I made. It was so easy, but such a crowd pleaser!

You need:
Puff Pastry
Wheel of Brie
Your Favorite Jam
Orange Juice
Dried Fruit
Cashews

Preheat your oven to 350-375ish. Convection ovens are so awesome and I am hoping to get one for my kitchen next year. I was fortunate to be able to use my mother's convection oven during my vacation.

Place dried fruit (craisins or something like that) in a small bowl and cover with orange juice. Microwave one minute to reconstitute. Chop about 1/4-1/2 cup cashews and set aside.

Butter a cookie sheet and roll out your puff pastry onto a floured surface. Roll the diameter to be about double the diameter of the brie wheel. Pause for a little Tina. "Cheese wheels keep on turnin!!"

Then spread your favorite jam or preserves on the rolled out pastry, but do not go all the way to the edges.

Then place brie on top of jammy pastry, then spread more jam on top of the brie. Sprinkle cranberries and chopped cashews on top and then bring up the sides of dough to shape on the top. I usually try to form a flower/bow shape.








Place in oven and bake until pastry is golden brown. Keep warm until ready to serve. When you do serve, get ready for applause...

No comments: